"Power and Communication When Everything Goes Dark"
When all else fails, how are you going to communicate? This workshop will cover how to keep your radio station on the air in an emergency.
- What you need to know about batteries, solar panels, charge controllers and inline meters, wiring, distribution blocks, system sizing, and portable antennas.
- How to take your high power station backpack portable.
- How to set up an emergency station using solar power with example setups.
- Will also touch on how to send peer to peer messages via Winlink when regular RMS stations are down or over-whelmed with traffic.
- Will provide information on water, sanitation, providing light and being portable overnight during an emergency.